Friday, February 3, 2012

Super City...

My city is hosting the Super Bowl this weekend, and I just want to say how proud I am of Indianapolis.  Everyone has done such a wonderful job and I've heard so many visiters say that this is the best Super Bowl experience that they have ever had.  Traffic has been murder for me, trying to get to and from work has been a challenge, but everywhere you look people are smiling and excited.  It's the Christmas giddiness without all the grumbling and hurrying. It's pretty darn cool.

I turned a profit on the earrings that I made (sorry for no pics).  However....I just turned around and spent it all and a little more buying more beauties.  Damn you Etsy for the crack supplier that you are.  I'll try and find the camera and post a picture of my haul. 

In other news...the experimentation continues.  I've been working with copper wire, trying to find different ways of coloring and distressing it.  I think I need a stronger torch and more experience in handling it, but I'm getting there.  I've been combing the internet gathering inspiration from other jewelry makers and crafts people.  There is so much out there, so many talented people.  It's a great time to be alive and be able to use the internet to connect with folks from far flung places, to see their creations and have them spark new ideas in you. Gag, it sound like I just fell off the turnip truck.  I promise that I didn't, but I can't think of anywhere, outside of a museum, where you can find so much beauty and inspiration in human creation.  Hello, my name is Lisa, and I'm a sap.

And, because it's Friday...

So long for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment