Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guess where I'm going...



http://www.beadandbuttonshow.com/ 

I'm so excited that I was able to get into the class that I wanted. I have lots of books that tell me (and show me) how to make cold connections, but there is nothing like being with someone and gaining hands on experience.  So, on June 9, 2012 I will be in a class to learn all about how to use rivets and micro connectors to help me make great jewelry.  I can't wait. The crowds at this event will be overwhelming, I'm sure, but I will pull up my big girl undies, slap a smile on my face and go forth into the great teaming masses.

I wonder what else there is to do in Milwaukee?  Planning the trip is just as much fun as going on the trip to me. I'm thinking of maybe renting a cabin and experiencing some of the beauty of Wisconsin.  I have never been there before, but do have some distant cousins that live up there. We shall see.

In other news, I'm gonna fire up the torch this weekend and make up some headpins.  Or try to.  This will be the first time I've had a go at this, but it looks simple enough.  I'll be working with 20g copper wire as silver is just too expensive to practice with.  I'm liking the look or copper more and more and also want to play around with adding some of the great patinas that I've seen around. 

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment